In this article you’ll find information about male baldness, what is the causes and treatments for male hair loss. Owing to hectic lifestyles, stressful work and polluted surroundings, baldness in men has increased in alarming numbers. Other than these external reasons, internal imbalances pertaining to hormones and genetic tendencies also cause hair loss. In recent times it is observed that many males start to lose hair gradually from the age of about 20. The onset of the hair loss is seen with a decreasing hair line. In subsequent years, the hair loss spreads to top of the head and then may lead to total baldness. Some people have few hairs left but even these usually are very thin and have retarded or slow growth.
Reasons for male baldness
There are many reasons for hair loss to set in. Some are internal disorders and others could be external triggers. While external triggers can be managed in many cases, baldness caused due to internal factors is tough to handle. Here are some of the reasons that make men go bald,
(1) Androgenic alopecia
- Male baldness in particular could be caused due to imbalances in hormones named androgen.
- Androgens are basically male sex hormones. The hair follicles react to the levels of androgen in the body
- When androgens decrease in a human body, the hair follicles start to minimize themselves and thus hair starts to become thinner. After a certain period, the follicles may become so tiny that they cannot produce new hair at all.
- Hair follicles at the front and top portion of the scalp are comparatively more sensitive to androgen activity
- Hair follicles on the scalp in particular show such a behavior when there is imbalance of androgens, while hair on the other parts of the body may not be affected at all
- Such tendencies for hormonal imbalance are usually heredity. It can either come from your paternal side or maternal side.
(2) Improper food habits and Acute stress
- Other than the internal triggers, when a man undergoes a lot of stress/trauma or has been neglecting his nutritional needs, hair loss can be triggered
- If you have been losing hair due to acute stress, then there are high chances of hair re-growth once the stress reduces. However, you will have to ensure you inculcate healthy habits and stress maintenance techniques in your day to day life
- If you have lost hair due to unhealthy eating habits then contacting a nutritionist and getting your diet on track will be helpful. Hair follicles need nutrients to grow hair and these nutrients can be supplied via the food you eat. Iron and zinc rich foods can help you out
- Tinea capitis is a type of fungal infection that affects the hair follicles and disturbs the hair growth cycle
- Though this is a rare reason for hair loss problem, it is worth finding out whether you are a victim of it
- There are many antifungal shampoos, oils and medications that will help you treat this condition
Treatments for hair loss
There are many treatments for hair loss in the market. However, only few of them actually work. Here are some of the ways that could help you combat your situation,
(1) Going fully bald
- The easiest hair loss handling method which many have embraced is acceptance of the condition and then getting a clean shaven scalp which renders a complete bald look
- This look is well known and followed by many fashion pros
(2) Oils, creams and lotions
- There are literally hundreds of hair loss products these days to prevent hair fall or to re-grow hair. You can give such products a try, but do so with caution.
- It is always good to consult a health professional before you start off using any such products.
- Usually the effectiveness of a good product can be noticed in say about a year’s time frame. So patience and persistence are the keywords for you.
- Have a thorough look at the ingredients contained within these products. Choose a product that is well tested for safety and clinically approved.
- This procedure should be tried only after you have tried other treatments for about 2 years or so. This should be your last option
- A good professional is a must to perform this procedure
- The results of hair transplantation are good but the procedure weighs heavy on your pocket
More than anything, having a healthy mindset in dealing with this issue will help you in opting for most healthy and best suited hair growth treatment for yourself.
More Usefull Articles :