There are numerous reasons why one might experience hair loss. As varied are the reasons, so are the treatments for hair loss. You can find many methods and hair loss products in the market which claim to be the solution for all your hair loss troubles. Knowing your type of hair loss will help you in getting a suitable treatment.
Alopecia is one of the hair loss condition types. It is the most widespread disorder across the globe. A person affected by alopecia loses hair faster than the normal rate. The reasons for this condition to occur in a human body are,
- hair dyeing
- hair bleaching
- tightly knotted hair styles
- negligent hair care habits
Categories of Alopecia
Alopecia can be categorized into 3 major types,
- Alopecia areata totalis – this is defined by the condition where total hair loss or baldness of the scalp. This is also called as common baldness.
- Alopecia areata universalis – this is defined by the condition where hair loss occurs on the whole body. An individual experiencing such a state is generally put under the special group which is commonly called as bald chicken category.
- Alopecia areata barbae – in this type, one experiences hair loss of beard only.
Cures for Alopecia
Treating alopecia can be tricky as there are many methods which claim to alleviate the condition. Some of the most popular medicines are listed below. It is always better to consider pros and cons of each treatment before getting into it.
- This treatment should be taken with caution since they are steroids
- A lot of discomfort and pain can be the result of this treatment
- Utmost care and medical advice should be taken if you opt for this treatment
- As alternatives, you will get creams and lotion variants. However, they have not proven to be very effective and they tend to be very time consuming
(2) Minoxidil Medication
- Can be got from medical stores or clinical outlets across the globe
- You will need to apply the medicine to your scalp twice a day
- It can cause side effects such as irritation
(3) Hair Surgery
- This form of treatment not just involves pain but also a lot of financial expenditure
- Once you go through the procedure successfully, you can enjoy your new, healthy looking hair which not just looks good but also natural.
- This medication is made into cream and lotion formats
- It involves no pain and has no risk element associated with it
- The treatment is effective only if you use the products over an extended period of time
Every treatment has its share of advantages and disadvantages. It is always best to weigh both these sides and then decide to go for the treatment that suits your need and budget the best.
More useful articles :